Working on your dream of authoring your first (or next!) children’s book and need an illustrator?
Hiring an illustrator for your book is an important decision to make. You’ve worked hard on your book and you want to find an illustrator that vibes and jibes with your book, its message, and its vision. Your illustrator should work with you together to help bring that dream into reality, and as an illustrator, that is always my goal!
The Book Illustration Process
Wondering about the process? All book illustrations by Westermann Creative are original artworks created exclusively for you and your project. During the illustration process, you’ll be updated regularly at several points..
- Storyboarding: You’ll be provided with rough sketches that showing the general idea for characters, gestures, emotions and page layout.
- Rough sketches: You’ll see rough sketches for all pages of your book. You’ll start seeing more detail, and it’ll look something closer to the final product. You’ll be able to provide initial feedback.
- Detail Updates: I’ll continue to provide additional, more detailed updates on the process where you are welcome to share additional feedback.
- Completed Illustrations: Once ready and approved, I’ll provide the final illustrations in high quality!
- Book Formatting (optional): As a designer, I can assist with formatting your book for print or in e-book format. You can also do this yourself, or with another designer if you prefer!
If you have any other questions on the process, feel free to reach out.
A small illustration that focuses on the subject with little or no background.
A half page or small illustration that includes a full background.
A full page illustration that includes multiple subject(s)
For a quote on a specific project, please email me (I’d love to hear about your project~ and quotes are always free)! Pricing is in CAD and includes full commercial rights to use final illustrations in your book and promotional materials.
Questions and Inquiries for Book Illustration Services
For questions and inquiries, please reach out to me via email. For quicker response, please follow up with a quick direct message to me on Instagram (westermanncreative), example) “hey, I just sent you an email!” and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!